Monday, October 12, 2015

The Fun Begins

Thanks to Jenna for once again sending the dopest planners! Since I only have one transfer
after this I'll have to give one away... or use it as an RM planner hahahaha
Greetings everybody! Its a monday holiday so we don't have too much time to write (sharing computers at the church), so I wanted to drop a quick line to let you know I remain alive up here in Providence. 

This coming week will be insane! Were trying to prepare 7 people (two families: mom+dad+2 daughters, mom+two daughters) for baptism next sunday (a Herculean task here) with a few exchanges and a pretty hefty musical assignment from President Miller. If I don't email next monday, its because I died. muahaha

What happened this week? I'll give you two things:

The woman we gave the priesthood blessing to a few weeks ago was baptized on Saturday and it was one of the most spiritual baptisms I've seen. The best part was the testimony she bore afterwards; she talked about her past abuse and anxiety and struggles with self-worth, and how the gospel and especially prayer had changed her life completely. She mentioned the blessing and how it had helped her and bore testimony of the restoration of the church. It was a true picture of conversion.

The other miracle of the week was our meeting with a man named Ademar! Two weeks ago he called us at 10:40 saying "Did you call me?" to which we responded... no but we speak portuguese and he said, Good because I'm from Brazil! Turns out he met with missionaries two years ago, but stopped because of work and because he wanted to investigate every church he could to find which one was the true church. His number stayed saved on our phone and on his phone for two years and we had the chance to teach him this week. The first thing he brought up was how much he loved the idea of the Melchizedek Priesthood... so I knew it was gonna be good. He described how his family was back in brazil but he was here working trying to bring his kids over. He followed the voice of the Spirit through every church but kept coming back to the truth he had learned with the missionaries. He went to Cumorah and the Sacred Grove. He testified that finally the spirit had told him "é lá.. a verdade é lá". Then he told us he wanted to be baptized before his birthday :)

The Lord has been working with him so long and he delivered himself to us. We take no credit. He is, without a doubt, the most prepared person I've ever taught.

I'm so happy here and I hope you're happy to. My scriptural invitation comes from Mosiah 28:3, the scripture me and Elder Araujo are ponderizing this week:

 Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not bear that any human soul should perish; yea, even the very thoughts that any soul should endure endless torment did cause them to quake and tremble.

Is this what we desire?


Love,
Elder Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment