Monday, September 7, 2015

Just a quick note

 I owed the Boston sisters a grilled cheese meal from 6 months ago when I bet them. 
So I finally delivered, and we made it nice.
A dope hawk with its kill on a shed. 

We spent the whole day in the temple for our recent convert temple day and didn't have time to email, so President said I could send a quick note tonight. It was an incredible morning as we helped run the baptistry full of people who just joined the church. The words that kept returning to my mind... "the prisoners shall go free" (D&C 128:22). I watched it happen today. see-- 
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2000/10/the-redemption-of-the-dead-and-the-testimony-of-jesus?lang=eng

Life is crazy busy. We've started work on preparing transfers for the missionaries, and doing webexs and trainer/trainee meetings and two zone conferences this week. 

One great thing this past week was our monthly mission leadership council with all the leaders. Elder Perkes and I trained on fear vs perfect love, breaking down how the principles of Moroni 8:16 affect all those that participate in the work of salvation. I learned a lot of things. Mostly that I want to feel the feelings of Mosiah 28:3... (sorry to throw out so many scriptures)

I don't yet know if I'll be staying here or going elsewhere in a few weeks, but at this point in my mission, I don't care where I go. I've tried real hard to give it all up to the Lord so his desires are my desires, so when it comes to transfers, I can happily say "I'll go where you want me to go". Surprises may be in store! But thats life.

Shoutout to Darren and Carey on their ANNIVERSARY! And to Daniel on his BIRTHDAY tomorrow!

I love you all, and wish you the best, 

-Elder Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment