Monday, November 24, 2014

Some pie would complete this feast‏!

Elder Jackson way of making their area map more motivating!
Literally.... If I had one request for this upcoming week, it would be a huge, fresh baked apple pie. Is it possible to mail those?
 
But if that doesn't happen, thats okay, because in Boston right now things are going amazing. The groups baseline for attendance has peaked 30. This past week we had 8 investigators at church with us, and one more who actually turned out to have been baptized in CV. Surprise members are the best.

Our mission has made a massive push this month to raise our vision and expand our faith to see what is possible here, what the Lord has prepared for us. And yesterday we passed the historical mark for baptisms in a month. And this next week the whole mission has 40 or so more dates. All in all, this month has been a November to remember and one that will mark a change in my missionary service and dedication.

In a shout out to Jenna and music lovers everywhere, this past week we were waiting for the orange line T when a hipster man with a grizzly voice and a black guy playing violin broke into a rendition of Conor Oberst's "this is the best day of my life". I'm pretty sure I was the only one in the station who knew the song.... but I made sure they knew I appreciated their work when they finished. Not by paying them, because I am a broke poor missionary. But I told them they were legit.

At church this Sunday, a formerly less-active recent convert named Rosa gave the first talk of her life in the group. She told of how she had been baptized in CV last year, came to America and couldn't find anybody from the church (Elders, essentially) for about 8 months. And one day she was praying to find the church, and she was prompted to go for a walk with her daughter. And as she was walking, me, E. Rodrigues and E. Carvalho passed her on Hendry St. (I remember exactly where). I don't remember who talked to her, but we all felt to turn and talk to her. And we did, found out she was a member, visited her at home, she came to church, her husband started being taught by the other Elders, and he will be baptized next Sunday. In Rosa's talk, she said she knew the Holy Ghost had pushed her to go out that afternoon so that we could find her. 

I'm truly more thankful for my life right now than I've ever been. I leave you with my love, two scriptures, and some pics.
 
From Mom-
D&C 78:
19 And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more.
 
From President Packard-
"Blessed be the name of our God; let us sing to his praise, yea, let us give thanks to his holy name... Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel…. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen." (Alma 26: 8,16,37).
 
love,
Elder Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment