Monday, June 22, 2015

The Last Week

First, a shoutout to Mark and Marcia Jackson who were wed, a week ago, 34 years ago! (if I did my math right) I owe my existence to them and they are really really great. Happy anniversary. Keep it real.
 
So, last week I didn't email because I was in the hospital! I threw up a lot, lost all my fluid and got super dehydrated and delirious, so they filled me up with 3 bags of saline and a bunch of other meds and sent me back home at the end of the day. Not my finest hour but after a steady diet of B.R.A.T. I was feeling much better by Thursday. 
(In the ER getting IV fluids; home with the "BRAT" diet - bananas, rice, applesauce, toast)

This week we did some things, including training the new missionaries all day thursday, which is always a blast. But the majority of our brainpower was spent planning transfers, which we finalized and sent out last night! A lot of changes for this last transfer, partially because were trying to set up the Millers with an easier transfer next time. I'm really excited about how things are going.

I'm also starting to get antsy and the actually Presidential transfer day approaches. It always seemed very distant but now that its less than a week away I'm being torn between excitement to meet the Millers and disappointment at losing the Packards. We had our last Book of Mormon webex on Tuesday, on Alma 32. I'm consoled only by the fact that I know the Millers were called by revelation to do what they're going to do; that they were foreordained for their work (something Elder Holland explained to me); and that they will be qualified to take the mission the direction it needs to go. 

So this week we'll be with the Packards, touring the zones as  they have farewell conferences and preparing for the big transfer weekend. 

My prayers and thoughts are with you all, especially this week!
love,
Elder BDJ

No comments:

Post a Comment