Monday, September 14, 2015

Line Upon Line




Tacos Don Nachos-- Central Falls, R
Greetings all! What a week it has been. From Monday to Saturday we had meetings and trainings across the mission. I'm lovin it.
Monday was the recent convert day at the temple;
Tuesday was training on the webex, helping an English lady named Bo move, and doing a baptismal interview in Kriolu with President in Central Falls, RI;
Wednesday was our return meeting with trainers and new missionaries;
Thursday was zone conference in Cambridge with Cambridge and Nashua zones;
Friday was zone conference in Franklin with both Providence zones and Hingham;
Saturday we spent half the day in Worcester Spanish which was dope;
and yesterday we went Lowell, MA --> Cambridge --> Belmont --> Natick. A solid day.

Highlights?
Began work on a project for President that involves me writing and recording a bunch of music to accompany a message to the mission later in the year. So if we have a free minute
I hope on the piano and start to bang out ideas. Reminds me of old times.

I may have mentioned that were making contact with people around the world through the digital mission, and my website is Google+; this week I got to talk to a bunch of people in Brazil (#brazilianportuguese #nothingbetter #nooffenseJenna) and several are really interested in the gospel. I made friends with a woman named Elaine who lives in Campinas, and she has had tons of friends and family in the church and serving missions. She is so cool. We just talked about true discipleship, John 14, Mosiah 2, and she wants the local missionaries to drop off a Book of Mormon for her to study at her work. The internet can be a powerful tool for good. (parenthetical: "The internet is a goldmine for the curious and  quicksand for the gullible")

In Worcester we were going to see a lady and knocked  on the wrong door. A woman named Asha opened the door and we struck up conversation with her. She told us her life story and eventually wept as she described her suffering in Tanzania and her loss of children. We offered her the message and she accepted; a testimony of being where God needs you at the right moment.

One last thought: often I've been asked how I know what I teach is true-- how I gained a testimony. I used to say this experience or that experience or try to make it sound more sudden than it was. But over the past few weeks my response has changed. Now I just quote Doctrine and Covenants 98:11-13:

"11 And I give unto you a commandment, that ye shall forsake all evil and cleave unto all good, that ye shall live by every word which proceedeth forth out of the mouth of God.
 12 For he will give unto the faithful line upon line, precept upon precept; and I will try you and prove you herewith.
 13 And whoso layeth down his life in my cause, for my name’s sake, shall find it again, even life eternal."
As I've chosen to believe and been faithful to the light given, God has given me line upon line, precept upon precept. Some experience more rapid conversion than I did. But the tree is starting to spring forth in fruit that is so good. And its obvious to me how true it is. 

Love,
Elder Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment