Monday, February 17, 2014

CHOOSE TO BELIEVE‏


To understand the title, you must go to Real Life Answers. This is actually something really awesome-- the MBM has a program called the Digital Mission, which in the past 10 months or so has created this blog/website (reallifeanswers.org) and populated it with members' answers to real life problems. We have an online portal, partially the brainchild of my companion Elder Benedict (in all his computer genius glory) (which he also helped to code), that uses gospel-related keywords (like belief in God, communication with God, addiction, etc) to find  blogs all across the internet that are talking about gospel subjects. We, as part-time laborers in the Digital Mission vineyard, take the portal to these blogs, read thoughtfully, post our insight, and leave a  link to a specific article in Real Life Answers. This draws people to the website, helps them understand God's plan for them, builds their faith, and then the goal is to have them chat with the missionaries that are on that website. Its seeing tremendous growth and I think it has a big future.

It's also extremely audacious :) But here in the MBM, we risk it to get the biscuit. That biscuit being the exaltation of God's children. And stuff. 
 
In other news, Jerry is still in Georgia but comes back Saturday at which time we will rock his world with Book of Mormon revelation. Snow continues to be nuts and force us inside (another one tomorrow? SERIOUSLY) but what can ya do. We're doing auxiliary interviews and discovering that non-members aren't really being invited/coming to activities, so this is the next step. But ALSO:

The stake goal, and especially ward goal, is to have every melchizedek priesthood holder come out with the missionaries once a month. whoa. and it's actually gonna happen. the ward council is BOSS and on top of it. and as this happens, the referrals will start to come. its a beautiful thing to watch the ward start to access the potential and share the truth they know. the gospel they love. the hope they have. 

This leads me into my spiritual thought for today: 

During training Elder Benedict was asking me, what does a missionary or member need to feel in order to take part in the conversion process (or the work of salvation)? I thought, and gave some answers that seemed good like trust in the missionaries, belief in the truthfulness of the gospel, feel needed in the lessons. 
he directed me to 1 Nephi 8:11-12. As I read, the words came alive in a way I never knew before:
11 And it came to pass that I did go forth and partake of the fruit thereof; and I beheld that it was most sweet, above all that I ever before tasted. Yea, and I beheld that the fruit thereof was white, to exceed all the whiteness that I had ever seen. 
12 And I partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it also; for I knew that it was desirable above all other fruit.

I like to search for simplicity-- packaged truth that can unfold the mysteries of God. Answers that don't need an outline or bullet points. These truths are sacred and pure to me, for I know that Christ is the author of simplicity and works in plainness among the children of men (2 Nephi 31:3). So when I read those verses from the vision of the tree of life, pure truth flooded my spirit. What do we need to participate in the work of salvation?

We partake of the goodness of the gospel-- the fullness of truth and joy, of sacrifice and faith-- and it is the most sweet and beautiful thing we have ever known. And that joy turns us outward. We earnestly desire everyone to know, and we open our mouths because we know God lives, and we matter to Him. And that's the celestial pattern. 

I know this gospel, church and work are true! AND I'M HAPPY! The Lord is helping me change. and the fire feels good.

Love,
Elder Jackson
 
1. Icicle
2. Rescuing a Frisbee, missionary style
3. A lot of snow in Bloomfield


 

No comments:

Post a Comment