Monday, August 31, 2015

Promised Land‏


 Me n Eldah Perkes

the "Special" District  (portable visitor center sisters, moving elders, digital elders, assistants, Weston sisters and Waltham Spanish elders)

 Disc @ Revere Beach
 
---shoutout to Scott, who turns 28 tomorrow. Tomorrow is your 10,226th day alive.

This week in the life of Elder Jackson:

-planning
-webexs
-driving
-logistical Haitian planning
-training at Zone Conference in Hartford
-training at Zone Conference in Worcester
-assigning mini-missionaries
-monthly goals
-supply orders
-office time
-musical performances
-first time singing and playing piano simultaneously in a performance... and in Spanish :)
-more planning!

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

So maybe my week wasn't like wicked thrilling per say. But I learned things while I taught. I learned that laughter can bring the Spirit. I learned that spiritual submissiveness is easy to see and to feel from the outside. I learned that people really do want to change. I re-learned that sacred music has true power. I learned that its much better to make a fool of yourself and immediately admit a mistake, than to be defensive to cover your pride.

I'm happy, healthy and I'm working as hard as I have strength for. I had a moment this week while driving where I was just smacked in the face with how much I love New England, and specifically Boston. As cliché as it sounds, its my promised land. This is my Waters of Mormon (Mosiah 18). This is where I "came to the knowledge of my Redeemer".

Aint never gonna leave!
 
Hope Ireland was dope for all who went, I expect pictures POST HASTE.

Hope everyone is joyful ! Never stop moving forward!
 
Love,
Elder Jackson

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I've been following this blog for a few weeks. My son will be entering the Massachusetts, Boston Mission in a few months. I'm wondering if you will answer a question for me. How does your missionary get his photos to you? Does he time on P-day to upload his photos from the previous week. Does he email them to you or is their a better way? Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerianne,
    Congratulations on your son's mission call! It is a wonderful mission. My son sends us his photos as attachments to his weekly emails. He is usually emailing from a public library and I think he just pops out the camera's memory card, inserts it into the computer and attaches the photos. The misionary email system doesn't have the capacity to send more than about three photos per email. So he usually sends a couple of additional emails that contain just photos. Hope that helps!
    Marcia Jackson

    ReplyDelete