Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmas Time is Heaaaaaaahhhhhhh‏

December 24, 2013

Oi bom amigos e familia, hoje é uma dia fantastico porque amanha é NATAL!! Nós estamos muito animado porque Natal na CTM significa todos tipos de felizidade e Espírito. E tambem não temos 10 horas de estudo amanha... e tambem temos music concerts e DOMS! Loving it.

My Portuguese is rough, but at least I can get my message across! Life is good here in the MTC. Christmas time is here, as you can tell by my subject line! And the MTC at Christmas is happier than Disney World. No joke. All we do is learn and teach about the Savior, and that leads to a great appreciation for how significant of an event the birth of the Savior was. So I'm happy.

Shout out to everyone that sent me awesome dear elders and such this week! I've received everything y'all said you sent to me, and more. Packages are so nice. I think I've gotten things from every member of the family (minus jenna) and also an awesome box from Ben and delicious cookies from Meg. Word. Y'all rock. (i've started saying y'all about 1006x more here and i think it's because I hate saying YOU ELDERS)

Reassignment and visas:
There's been no action on my visa so it's looking like I'll be reassigned sometime in the next three days! I should know on Thursday. But two missionaries in our district got emails from their new missions today and they're going to Baltimore! Gave me some nervous excitement...
In other news, we got two new districts in our zone last Wednesday and by Sunday SEVEN of them had their visas and are leaving on Thursday for Brazil. Including Elder Monk from Leesburg!  So that was wild... we're not sure what it means but we're happy for them.
(all the new missionaries with visas):

Christmas plans:
Tonight we have a program and are watching Mr. Krueger's Christmas or something good. And tomorrow we have a Christmas talent show in which I am performing with a group as the finale! We're telling the story of the Christmas Truce of WWI and singing/playing Silent Night. So I play the cello while the poem is being read. It's pretty great. And tomorrow we have a program by Ray Smith, who is in a branch presidency here and also happens to be my saxophone teacher at BYU. So i'm SUPER pumped for that. 

Not much time but I want you all to know that I love you! Believe in your dreams. I'm praying for you every day. Throw some graças up to Heavenly Father for the blessings in your life and share the reason for the hope that is in you. LET'S GO CHRISTMAS!

Love,
Elder Jackson

photos:  1) tiny origami missionary shirt from Alissa; 2) Elder Monk, Brenton's friend from Virginia. 3) Brenton with Dr. Ray Smith, saxophone teacher from BYU (I think).






No comments:

Post a Comment