Monday, March 9, 2015

Thawing the Carbon-freezing Chamber‏

As temperatures climb into the 40s we're taking off our coats, pulling out the short-sleeve white shirts and putting on the palm tree ties. SUMMER IS HERE. Or as Mom always says, "Hope springs eternal" ;)

Boston continues to be my home, and I love it more and more every day. When the members start saying "you're still here?" you know you've made it, and I got that at least 3 times this past Sunday. I love the church here. Its a promised land for me, even on the hard days. 

This week I got to be selfish and take in a whole lot of Spirit for myself. We had a chance to go to the temple last Wednesday with all the other mission leadership and it was a sweet experience. Elder Santiago and I received some answers about how to help the BEast progress, which was President's purpose in sending us there. Then on Friday we had an all-day zone conference in Worcester where the entire mission presidency came to speak to us in an open panel discussion. It dawned on me for the first time how truly extraordinary our leadership is; President and Sister Packard, brillliant lawyers that seem like they were made for their calling. President Clayton Christensen and President Haight, who by worldly standards are some of the most intelligent persons on this planet.  Mostly it was impressed upon me that I was looking at six of the most consecrated individuals in the kingdom today. They took our questions for two hours and responded to every one, then bore their testimonies for us, then trained us for another three hours. It was an unforgettable experience, and the last I will have with this presidency. 

This past week we went to see Luisa with the Walshes. They talked to her about their life, their family, and their marriage (almost 46 years). We discussed her vision for the family. And she's officially decided to get married. She decided on a marriage date for August 1st (her birthday) and her baptism date for August 2nd! 

Were prepping for a big Cape Verdean activity at the church this saturday. The Sisters have a friend who has a Cape Verdean radio channel here in Boston and he announced the activity live last week. Gonna be SICK! 

I'm just feeling grateful and humbled this week. I couldn't ask for more out of my mission. And thankfully I still have 9 months left. It feels like I've already been out here two years.
Looking like I'll get make the decision on when I go home-- between early November or mid-December. Any requests?

I'll send some pictures later if I get time. I'm sure theres a million things I forgot to write, but my minds a little tired right now. Send me questions if there's anything you really want to know. 

Love you all!
-Elder Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment