Monday, April 13, 2015

No Sleep Til...‏

Heyyyyyyy everyone! Greetings from Weston! Well, technically Needham. Let me start off by giving you my new mailing address. 

757 Highland Ave #216N, Needham, MA 02494

This week was crazy. Transfers, receiving the new missionaries, making meals, departing missionaries, runs to the airport, missed flights, no sleep, and a whole bunch of training. I feel like I just had things figured out and now I'm thrust into a whole world of mission planning and organization that I never knew existed! Our time to proselyte and teach basically only comes on exchanges; we do so much work around the mission that we rarely go to church or teach in our actual area.

Church on Sunday was great and strange. Its weird to go from a tiny portuguese group to a fully functioning english ward.... at least I got to bless the sacrament and say the closing prayer! Then after church, we went (oh the irony) back to Boston to do an exchange where I went with (wait for it) the portuguese elders! It was good to be back. I joked that I couldn't stay away for even one week.

The boxes of donated clothes and shoes are already taking effect! I'll attach a picture here of Djeison in his new duds looking very missionary-like :) does my heart good to see that. He finally took his jacket off for the sacrament because he had a white shirt that was big enough. 
Djeison (on left) in his "new" Sunday clothes.  He wears a "Future Missionary" tag.
 
Mom reminded today of a mormon message that is really significant and personal to me. Elder Holland (my companions grandpa, I'll have you know... :) ) teaches about how sometimes the Lord sends us down a difficult path or dead end so that He can get us on the real path that we need, with the total surety that we are where He wants us to be. I've experienced that before and I know many of you have as well. His ways are mysterious but we need to learn to trust. Thats one of my greatest flaws, and I'm working on it every day here. Take a look. 
I love you all. Be safe and enjoy SPRRRIIIIINGG

-Elder Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment